The National Society of Accountants is a national professional organization dedicated to
maintaining high standards of proficiency among its members and the accounting profession.
Organized in 1945, NSA's members provide accounting, tax preparation, tax planning,
financial planning and managerial advisory services to small businesses and private
individuals. Each member maintains strict adherence to NSA's rigid code of ethics and high
technical standards of performance.
Membership in NSA provides you with important tools to enhance your own professionalism
and improve your potential for profitability and success. Its many services and benefits
equip you to be more confident, competent and competitive. If you are interested in
becoming a member of NSA, please print out the membership application and complete the
- Free Tax Research - Provides you with a toll-free hotline number you can use when you
are confronted with a complex tax situation or question. NSA's professional staff will search
its extensive library, including the latest Research Institute of America Software, to provide
you with the information you need to serve your client. First five calls for free!
- Tax Law Analyses - Gives members regular and frequent updates on pending tax law
revisions, and NSA's expert analysis on how these changes will affect you and your clients.
- Client Reports - FREE bimonthly report written for your clients, your to personalize and
distribute to your clients throughout the year.
- Low-Cost Group Insurance - Members enjoy low group rates on Professional Errors and
Omissions Liability protection and twelve other quality insurance programs, including:
Property and Casualty, Major Medical, Life, Disability and Long Term Care.
- Public Information Brochures - ONE FREE ISSUE of 10 color brochures on topics such
as How Accountants Set Fees, Choosing The Right Accountant and Tax Return Preparation:
Facts & Fiction that you can offer clients and prospects to help build and retain customers.
- Marketing Handbooks - Utilize NSA's 51 years of practice development expertise to
help your practice grow and prosper. These marketing handbooks will show you how!
- Self - Study Courses - Members save up to 25% on hundreds of self - study
correspondence courses. These courses are available in print, audio, videotape, and CD
ROM to help you stay current and excel in your practice. Plus, you can use these courses
to meet continuing education requirements.
- Seminars and Conferences - Members save $50 or more on a wide variety of regional
and national seminars and conferences. All throughout the year, you can select among a
broad range of special topics of interest, seminars and conferences, including NSA's National
Estate Tax Conference, National Tax Institute, National Issues Conference, Seminar at Sea
and many, many more.
All of NSA's courses and seminars are approved by the various State Board of Accountancy
and the Director of Practice of the IRS. NSA is a preferred provider of continuing
professional education programs which are approved by the Accreditation Council for
Accountancy and Taxation.
- Technical Publications - NSA members never pay full price for the dozens of
professional publications available for their practice library. Titles are available in all subject
areas of accounting, tax and practice management.
- Other Professional Publications and Subscriptions - are available at major
member-only discounts from Prentice Hall, Commerce Clearing House, Irwin, and Wiley
Professional Accounting Publications.
- National Public Accountant Journal - You get 10 issues of NSA's premier publication
written and edited to give you the most current and cutting-edge information on the latest
developments and practice applications in accounting, taxation, auditing, management
services, computers, financial planning, ethics and government regulations. Our members
tell us the National Public Accountant is their one must-read professional publication. We
think you'll agree.
- The NSA Practitioner Newsletter - Published every three weeks, this timely newsletter
reports on current legislative and government issues. It will keep you current on all U.S.
House and Senate bills and tax law changes. Plus, it gives you in-depth analysis on how the
changes will affect you, your practice and your clients' bottom lines.
- Annual Directory - Available in January on diskette, the NSA Directory lists all NSA
officers, committees, affiliated state organizations and all members nationwide. This
informative directory is distributed free of charge to government agencies, financial
institutions, IRS offices and libraries.
- Membership Certificate & Professional Code of Ethics - You will take pride in your
personalized NSA Membership Certificate and Code of Ethics. Both are suitable for framing
and for display in your office. Customers and clients will recognize them as statements of
your expertise and commitment to the profession and to your practice.
- NSA SOFTWARE NEWS - This exceptional newsletter gives you in-depth reviews of
accounting, tax financial planning and general application software. It is published eight
times per year.
- Still more benefits and services, including: income and fees survey; Discounts on
long-distance calls through AT&T; Up to 70% discounts on office supplies from
Penny Wise; Discounts UPS express mail and shipping services; Discounts on
accounting software packages; Discounts on fax and copier machines from Danka;
all states tax form service; pocket appointment calendar; and our own Visa and
Home | General Information | Catalog | Scholarship |
Find an Accountant | Benefit Programs | Member Links |
National Society of Accountants
1010 N. Fairfax St.
Alexandria, VA 22314
Phone: (703) 549-6400
Fax: (703) 549 - 2984
The Info Center
All contents of The Computer Show are Copyright © 1996 Joppa Computers