By Al Giovetti
Tomb Raider 2: Dagger of Xian Walkthrough
Welcome to Lara's newest adventure. If you thought her first adventure was exciting, wait until you see what she has planned for you
this time. There are 16 massive levels and a final battle what you won't believe.
As you might expect, there are plenty of puzzles to solve and SECRET AREAS to find during your adventure. All of them are explained
in the following text. For those of you playing the Playstation version, you will be glad to know that you can now save your game
whenever you want - a much needed improvement over those Save Gems from the first game.
Finally; we aren't going to explain how to play the game or control Lara. That is what your manual and the excellent tutorial back at
Lara's mansion is for. By the way; her mansion is incredible in this sequel. The obstacle course (now with stopwatch timer) has been
moved outside and there is now gardens and an orchard to explore. Many new rooms are available to explore inside the main house
including her Bedroom, Kitchen, Bathroom, and all the old favorites from the first game. She's even added a diving platform to her
swimming pool so you can practice her swan dive.
There are now lots more human enemies in Tomb Raider. These guys fight back and sometimes with
some pretty impressive firepower. While it is important to save your more powerful weapons for the
more powerful enemies, always use the best weapon to take out a given enemy in the least amount of
time. Watch out for those Rig Workers (the guys with wrenches) as they can climb just like Lara and
follow you almost anywhere.
Save the Big Guns (M-16's and Uzi's) for the Big Bad Guys. When firing at groups of enemies, always
make sure to release the action button after each kill so you can acquire a new target; otherwise you
will continue to pump lead into the fallen corpse. Watch for the shadows of enemies who attack from
Lara's adventure now includes many underwater areas to explore. Of course these areas are
populated with underwater enemies. While Lara has some underwater combat ability, it is always
best to fight from dry land. Use the harpoon to slow down your enemies while you retreat to dry
land, then break out the serious hardware. It takes time for Lara to reload her harpoon gun, so if
you are being attacked by a group of enemies it is often better to retreat than persist in a losing
Lara has traded in her compass for a stopwatch. This allows you to check your level completion
time and find out if you've missed any secrets. It also makes it impossible for me to use
directions like N,S,E, & W in this solve.
You can't do any damage with these handy items, but they will be invaluable as they illuminate
your surrounding area, revealing traps, switches and Core's new dynamic lighting engine.
These are Lara's trusty sidearms she brought with her from the first game. Use them "John
Woo-style" to take out your basic baddies. They will auto-aim each time you press the fire
Another trusty weapon from the first game; use it on groups of enemies for wide spread
damage or when at close range to inflict serious damage on a single opponent.
More powerful than the pistols; these auto-firing weapons are great for long range targets and groups of enemies.
The reload time on this weapon makes it good for usually one a single shot. Use it to stall your enemy so you can swim to the safety of
dry land. Ammo is also hard to find so conserve every harpoon you find until you absolutely need it.
Another favorite from the first game; this weapon is very powerful and should be saved for the bigger enemies and bosses.
This weapon provides some serious destruction. Grenades will explode only after they are armed and they must travel about 50 feet
before they arm. This makes this weapons a range weapon which is good because you don't want to get caught in your own blast. Do
not fire then run forward until after the explosion and resulting deaths.
The M-16 is to Tomb Raider 2 as the Uzi's were to the original Tomb Raider. This is the most powerful weapon you can get. It is so
powerful that you will be tempted to use it early on, but DON'T! Save it for the final levels and the larger enemies you encounter
So if we are finished with all the preliminary info; let's get on with the game....
The Great Wall
- Our journey begins in a valley very near the Great Wall. Enter the water and go to the left of the big rock. A Tiger should appear so
get on the rock and kill the Tiger then jump forward to continue down the path. When you reach the gap, pull up, pivot, then jump and
grab and pull up.
- Kill the Tiger that is approaching then jump the gap and take the path to the Stone Dragon which is also Secret #1. Continue the climb
by climbing up twice then pulling up to the ledge. Turn and jump to the left and grab and pull up to get across another gap then pull up
again to reach the building.
- Enter the guardhouse and drop through the grate in the upper area to fall into the water. Then run forward and jump and pull up to
access the switch. Flip the switch and proceed to the Great Wall.
- A threesome of crows attack when you reach the top of the wall. Kill them with your guns, taking evasive action if necessary. Proceed
to the gap in the wall. The guardhouse on the other side is locked so drop to the water below to obtain the key for the guardhouse. Kill
the Tiger who is arriving as you exit the pool. A green section of the ground will get you high enough so you can jump and pull up to the
top of the wall. Continue to the guardhouse and open the door
- Kill the spiders that swarm out the door then enter. A single spider remains to guard the Rusty Key above that
ladder. Kill the spider and take the key and use it on the lock next to the door. Continue forward until you reach
a room with a skeleton. Shotgun shells and a medkit are here as well as another swarm of spider plus a big spider
coming in from behind. Take out the big one first then finish off the swarm before collecting your items. Pull out
the block and slide down the slope to arrive at a pool of water.
- Jump in and head left to the wall. Jump up and grab and shimmy to the right avoiding the darts. Swim underwater
to the exit and surface in the corner avoiding even more darts. Climb up and exit into the hallway.
This hall has a collapsing floor with spikes beneath. Run across and through the door which shuts behind you.
Two boulders start rolling towards you from the left. Turn and run to the right. As the passage narrows, jump the
spikes and land on the ramp. Slide down into the wall then jump to the left and get some ammo. Run forward and
pull up to the ledge to avoid the spiked walls closing in.
- This next hall has more collapsing floors and sharp swinging blades. Run down the hall and jump the blades. As
you approach the final blade jump and turn to the left in midair. You should land right next to Secret #2; the Jade Dragon. Pick it up
and move into the hall before the spiked walls close in on you. Cross the collapsing floor while staying to the right. The left wall will
stop before it can hurt you.
- At the end of the hall, stop at the top of the ramp and turn so you can slide down backwards. Hang from the bottom and drop then jump
to the right to land on another collapsing floor which you fall through as more spikes close in above. Enter the cavern and continue
forward. Take the medkit then head to the left and run past the blades.
- There is a rope slide and lots of spiders in this next room. Kill all of the spiders then go get Secret #3 which is located below the rope
slide. To get the Gold Dragon you need to look down into the canyon and locate the tan rock with the moss. Stand above the tan rock
and with your back to the canyon, drop off, hang then drop. Jump and grab the ledge and shimmy right until you can pull up. Continue
along the path and collect some flares along the way. Take the ladder down and continue until you reach the canyon floor.
- Those tremors you should now be feeling are the early warning signs of an advancing T-Rex. Return to the hall and kill the T-Rex from
the safety of the passage. When he is dead, you can cross the canyon and get the Gold Dragon. This causes a second T-Rex to appear
so kill him then make your way back to the top of the canyon. Use the rope to slide across the canyon and land on the ledge on the
opposite side. Kill the 2 Tigers which are waiting for you, then proceed to the exit.
- Lara arrives in Venice and finds herself in a dead end alley. Exit to the courtyard and take out the Doberman as he charges. You will
need to do some side-jumping and shooting to take out the guard on the balcony who will drop a key after you kill him. Continue down
the alley until you hear approaching footsteps then start firing and backflipping back down the alley to take out more dogs and
- When all is safe, exit the alley and you will be next to the canal. Dive into the canal and swim under the large door to get inside the
boathouse. Checkout your cool new ride then flip the switch to open a door somewhere else. Return to the dock and enter the hut. Grab
the flares from the table then start climbing the ladders.
- Climb each of the ladders after pressing the appropriate switch to open the trapdoor. When you reach the roof, shoot out the windows
then drop into the hall. Climb through the second window you just shot out and jump over to the awning. Then make another jump to the
balcony and retrieve the Boathouse Key from the dead guard you shot earlier. Return to the hall and head right to the door you opened
from the Boathouse.
- Kill the attacking Doberman then continue across hall and flip the switch to open a door high on the wall on the opposite side of the
canal. Head back to the dead Doberman and shoot out the window. Run and jump and grab the awning. Pull up and then start jumping
from awning to awning until you reach the ledge near the door. Jump inside and flip the switch at the end to open a canal door.
- Dive back into the canal and return to the Boathouse and unlock the door. Swim back out and make your way to the ledge by the hut.
Climb out and kill the henchman. Take his Auto-Mags before you return to the Boathouse. Climb in the boat and head for the now-open
canal door. When you pass through the door, stop the boat and light a flare to reveal a passage to the right. Secret #1 is waiting for
you at the end of this passage. Take the Stone Dragon then jump down and kill some rats below you. Turn and face the ladder then
turn and head right. Turn right at the end and jump in the water. Continue on past the left channel until you reach some Uzi Ammo. Grab
it, then retrace your steps back to your speedboat.
- Light another flare and continue down the dark canal. At the bottom of the falls you can dive into the pool and retrieve Secret #2; the
- Continue on until you reach a large underground chamber with lots of columns. Keep the boat over towards the left until you see a
ledge. Hop out and kill the rat nearby then shoot out the window and finally kill the henchmen who arrives to investigate all the noise.
Grab the ammo then get back in your boat and head through the large metal doors and stop.
- Jump out of the boat and swim back to the dock and go through the broken window. Enter the room and flip the switch and take the
shotgun shells. Return to the dock and climb the ladder making a mental note of the doors which are now closed. The water level and
your boat have risen to the top so dive in and flip the underwater switch to open the next set of doors then get in your boat and
- Keep to your left to avoid the enemy gunfire and bring your boat to a stop by the gondolas. Exit the boat and get on the dock. Climb on
the box then jump and grab to reach the awning and pull yourself up. Walk to the right edge of the awning and jump to the walkway
above. A Doberman and a henchman come running at you so backflip off the ledge and kill them both before jumping backup. Retrieve
the medkit. Another guy is guarding another speedboat further down the canal. You can kill him from up here then turn right and head
for the courtyard.
- A gun crazed baddie comes running at you so kill him with your guns, taking evasive action when necessary. Retrieve
the Steel Key from his fallen corpse and unlock the courtyard door. Go through the door and drop into a hole to flip a
switch. A gate opens somewhere else in this level and you hear approaching footsteps. Climb out of the hole and kill
the henchman and take his ammo. Return to your speedboat and use it to ram the gondolas.
- Underwater mines hinder your progress. These mines can only be triggered by a boat. Lucky for you, you have two at
your disposal. Line your current boat up with the mines and build up some speed. Jump out of the boat at the last
minute and swim to the dock as your boat continue down the canal and sweeps the mines for you. Grab the M-16 ammo
from the fallen guard. The Iron Door is locked so we need to find a key. Get in your new speedboat and return to the
section of the canal that raised your boat to this level.
- A bad guy is waiting around the left corner, so hop out of the boat and kill him when you get on the dock. Grab all his
ammo. Get back in the boat and continue along the canal until you reach a clothesline on the right and a smaller canal
on the left. Ram the two gondolas tied up at the dock and exit your boat. A henchman with a bat come out of a door but you can kill him
before he even gets close. Enter the dark room and kill some rats and flip the switch to open a door somewhere else in this level.
Return to your dock.
- Before getting in the boat look up. There are some windows above. Jump and grab the ledge and pull up so you can shoot out the
windows. Climb through and take Secret #3; the Jade Dragon from the bed. Now you can get in the boat, turn around and take the
narrow canal you passed earlier. Keep to the left and the canal will intersect with a larger canal and you will find the door you opened
a few minutes ago with that switch.
- Enter the door which shuts promptly behind you. Take the Iron Key from the pool of water and climb the ladder to go up and kill a
Doberman and his master. Take the medkit and flip the switch. A really nasty guard arrives on the scene and is blocking your escape to
the boat. You can either kill him by shooting through the gap between the door and the wall or if you want to impress your friends, try
doing a backflip from the ledge and killing him before you splash into the canal.
- Either way, when he is dead, get back in the boat and retrace you path back to where you got your second speedboat. You now have
the key to open that door and kill another nasty badguy. Flip the switch by the window to open the second gate which is blocking your
exit. Return to the boat and head back up the canal going under that walkway where you snipered the guy who was guarding this boat
earlier in the game. Keep to the left until you reach an open door on the right. Go just past this door then back the boat up to the door
so that it is lined up with the ramp to the left.
- Jump out of the boat and enter the door until you can stand. Shoot the henchman and grab his ammo when he is dead. Flip the switch to
open the final obstacle in your escape of this level. This is a timed sequence of events and the clock starts ticking once you get back in
your boat. Anything less than a perfect performance and you will be redoing this segment so save your game. Ready.....set......GO!
- Accelerate your boat and jump the ramp, braking immediately when you land so you can make the sharp turn at the second left into the
large canal, then make a sharp right into the smaller canal with the open gates. Make another right at the intersection and speed down
the canal to the exit...
- Exit at the dock and kill some rats. Go around the building to the left, killing the guard and his rats before flipping the switch. Another
guard arrive so kill him too, taking the medkits from both your victims. Enter the now open front door and kill the guard on the balcony
and his friend who appears on the ground floor. Grab the shells from your second kill then shoot out the window and kill the
Dobermans who jump through when you get too close. Go to the back of the courtyard and take the medkit, flares and ammo.
- Now you need to proceed down the heavily guarded hallway. Several statues will begin hacking at you with huge blades when you get
too close. Keep to the right and time your short running bursts so you pass by when their blades are in the upright position. Don't
overshoot and run into the next blade. When you get to the dark end of the passage, light a flare to reveal a switch which opens a door
back out by the canal.
- Run past the guards in a single continuous run this time. They will swing but they will be too late. Back out in the big room find the
sloped wooden box. Stand with your back to the slope then jump back and then forward and grab the ledge and pull up. Walk around
to the left and pull the block then drop down to the floor. Get below the ledge to the left of the block you just pulled and jump and
pull up. You can now turn and do a running leap to the opposite balcony where you killed that first henchman. Take his ammo then move
to the textured wall and climb on and across to the window.
- Climb out onto the ledge and turn to the right and dispatch the gunman on the balcony across from you. Now you can turn and do a
running jump off the end of the balcony over to an awning. You'll start sliding backward so grab as you fall then shimmy to the left
and pull up and do a backflip to a ledge across the canal. Turn left and do another running jump, grab and pull up maneuver. You
should now be standing on a rather small ledge. Turn and do an angled jump to the awning across the canal. You can stand on this
awning so turn and face that open door and do a standing jump and press the grab while in midair so you enter the door instead of
hitting the wall above it.
- A pair of Dobermans should charge you when you land so take them out before they even get close. Make sure you don't back up or
backflip out of the door into the canal or you will be doing that last paragraph all over again. Head upstair and take out the first of
many attacking gunmen.
- Enter the room where the first henchman came from and look in the left corner for a switch hidden in the wall. Flip it to open a door in
the previous room which leads to that outside balcony where you killed that one guy. He dropped some shells and Secret #1; the Stone
Dragon when he died. After you collect all of this, return to the room with the switch and shoot out the window.
- A guard patrols the landing outside this window. You can probably kill him as he passes or you can climb out and do the deed
face-to-face. Continue down the landing and shoot out the next window and climb in. The door opens and a guy with a bat enters along
with his dog and another guy shows up behind you on the ledge. These guys are pretty slow so as long as you keep moving and firing
you should be okay. The dog is faster to take him out first if possible. Do a lot of flipping and use the larger room on the other side of
those doors if you need space to maneuver. You can even retreat back to the stairs if necessary. When everyone is dead, return to the
last room and push the back of the fireplace twice to access a concealed passage.
- Kill the rat after you climb up then proceed to the slope. Blades start slicing at you as you approach so stand back and jump out and
turn to the right and drop into the water. Climb out to the safety of the wooden ledge in the corner to survey the next deadly trap.
- You need to make a quick series of jumps and the flames are on a timer. They will go out when you jump off the ledge you are standing
on, so when ready, get your back to the wall and start running. Jump from the edge and land on the next platform. Do two STANDING
jump for the next two ledges to arrive at the other end of this trap. If you miss a ledge or catch on fire you will land (or can jump) in
the water and try again.
- The door open as you approach and a gunman and his dogs attack. Kill them all then jump to the slope box and jump and grab and pull
up onto the lowest chandelier. Do a running jump to the right to grab the ledge. Pull up and flip the switch to open a door behind the
fire in the fireplace. Jump back to the chandelier then turn and jump to the next highest chandelier. Do another running jump to the
ledge on the right to flip another switch which opens a painting on the wall which conceals the Library Key.
- Return to the chandelier then turn right and jump to the next highest light and finally to the ledge above. Kill the approaching rats then
continue in their direction and jump and grab and shimmy to the right until you can pull up. You should now be on the highest rafter so
run and jump to the wood floor by some bricks. Kill the henchman behind the bricks and take the medkit. Be careful not to fall off as
any fall from this height is instant death.
- Climb on the bricks and head left and jump to reach another switch. Flip it to adjust the chandelier height so you can access the
Library Key. Jump back to the bricks then go down to the chandelier and jump until you reach the light next to the Library Key. Do a
running jump to grab and pull up and get the key then repeat to get back out on the chandelier. Jump all the chandeliers until you are
on the other side then do a running jump and grab to the ledge. You won't grab but you will land on the ledge and this saves you from
having to return to that last switch to adjust the chandelier heights.
- Exit to the window sill and go right. You should see the fire below, so hang and drop down to land in the water and not the fire. You
should now be outside the Library door. Flip the underwater switch and swim through the door that opens as a result. Head to the right
and surface. You should see a gap in the floor to your left. It's dark down there so light a flare and head into the opening. This turns
into a maze rather quickly so follow these directions.
- As you swim into the hole turn to the right and go around the corner. Swim into the large opening then go through the smaller opening
near the top of the wall. Turn right after entering the smaller passage then find the small opening to the lower-bottom-left of the wall.
Enter and immediately turn left to find some grenades before continuing back to the right to find Secret #2; the Gold Dragon. Flip the
nearby switch then head straight up to the newly opened door where you can finally take a breath. Do NOT climb out here or you will
burn to death. Instead, retrace your path through the maze back to the library door.
- Enter the Library and kill the gunman across the room. Go through the large doors and climb up the bookcase on the left. You can kill a
pair of rats from the small area above before jumping over to flip the switch which opens another guarded doorway.
- After you kill this guard, go through the door and climb the books on the left. Jump towards the window then turn
left and climb up. Shoot the window then jump to the sill. Turn and exit the window backwards so you slide down the
awning. Grab the end the pull up so you backflip to a ledge behind you. Run and jump to the roof across from your
new position, then turn left and jump to the TOP of the brick wall.
- This next sequence is extremely difficult (at least it was for me) so SAVE frequently.
- While standing ON the wall, walk to the end to the top of the slope. Turn so you are facing the building across the
canal and do a running jump to grab the lowest section of the roof. Pull yourself up and head for the smoke stack.
Stand a few steps back from the edge of the roof and jump toward the ledge. Grab on and shimmy left until you can
pull up. Go behind the wall to find a pool of water and a pair of Uzi's.
- Drop down next to the shack and kill the henchman, taking the ammo he leaves behind. Take the Detonator Key from the table then step
towards the door and it will automatically open. Kill the gunman on the other side, taking evasive action if necessary. Take his medkit
before returning to the main room of the Library. There is a switch on the wall so flip it to open the door. Enter and kill 2 more gunmen
who approach from the left. Relieve them of their shells and Uzi ammo before continuing.
- Don't use the key in the Detonator box just yet. Instead, climb to the top of the brick wall and go to the left end of the wall. Pull up
twice so that you are now standing on the sloped roof. Shoot out the glass and take Secret #3; the Jade Dragon from the table. Jump
into the water and swim over to the low brick wall with the Detonator Box. Use the key to blow up the building, then kill that gunman
that is above and behind you.
- Climb onto the brick wall to gain access to the demolished building. Begin the long ascent to the top of the rubble. After much jumping,
grabbing and pulling up, you will reach the top and can take the path which leads to a dark hall and the end of this level.
- This level starts off with a rather challenging gunfight. You can run around taking random shots at the gunman on the platform below
until he finally dies. Then take his ammo and jump into the water from where he was standing moments ago. Swim left around the
building and climb the ladder, getting off on the small ledge. Walk to the edge of the landing and while facing the canal, jump and
grab so you can pull up to the top. Flip the switch to open a door in the roof then continue climbing the ladder to the ledge above. Run
and jump to the ledge across the canal then turn to the left and do a running jump to the ledge with the swinging box. Pull up and
continue along the canal performing a running jump to the slanted rooftop. Grab onto the edge and shimmy to the left until you reach a
- Do a running jump and a grab in midair so you arc through the opening in the roof. Draw your guns in midair to take out the guard, then
take the Ornate Key. Start up the stairs and kill the gunman when he comes through the door. Take his medkit and go to the top of the
stairs. Make your way back to the previous ledge with the swinging box and position yourself so you are looking at a ledge with a small
building to the left. Do NOT try to jump through the opening in the center of that building. The floor below the opening in the roof is
lined with broken glass and you will die.
- Instead, do a running jump to land on the slope next to the right wall. Grab and shimmy to the left until you are at the flat section in
the corner. Standing with your back to the wall, jump to the slanted roof and slide down and grab. You should be hanging in front of
the window. Drop and instantly grab again to catch the edge of the sill. Now pull up and shoot out the glass and carefully enter the
room. The glass is just like the spikes in the original Tomb Raider so simply WALK to pass by unharmed. Cross the room and climb the
ladder and use the Ornate Key to unlock the door at the end of the hall.
- Now we have a very unstable roof to deal with. Position Lara so she is at the edge of a solid piece of roof and facing the wall on the
other side of the three collapsing pieces. Do a Standing Jump and begin running when you hit the first panel. When you cross the 3rd
panel do a running jump, and when you finally cross the last set of collapsing panels do a running jump to grab and pull up onto the
ledge. Draw your guns and proceed to the top of the Opera House.
- Shoot the guard patrolling the roof then turn and lower down. While hanging onto the edge, quickly pull back up and draw your
weapons again. Your short dangle off the edge should have attracted the attention of another guard and a couple of Dobermans. Kill
them all, then do a running jump to the roof and continue left to kill four more guards below. Take the medkits, shells and ammo from
the dead guards then return to your previous location to check out the swinging box.
- Do a running jump and grab and pull up to a small area to the right of the swinging box and light a flare. Drop down and flip the switch
to the left of the box. Three rooftop doors open and two gunmen show up looking for trouble. Climb up and kill these guys then drop
through the newly opened door in the roof.
- A pair of switches awaits you below. The right switch is useless for now so flip the left one to open a grate, then exit through that
grate. Run by the hall to trigger a boulder. Stand by the wall switch to avoid the deadly rock then flip the switch to close the grate and
climb up the ladder. Continue climbing up the grate until you are across from an opening which would have been blocked if you hadn't
so cleverly lowered the grate before climbing up.
- Drop down to the floor and kill the gunman to the left making a special effort NOT to go underneath the sandbag. Take his medkit then
head towards the doors to the right. Making extra sure to stay out from underneath that sandbag, kill the advancing Doberman and
henchman. Turn back towards the first gunman and continue until you reach another pair of Dobermans which you can feel free to kill.
There is a switch here which is missing a Relay Box so make a note of its position - you will be back later.
- Head around the upper walkway towards the open doors. A sandbag will smash through the floor allowing you to look down into the
hole. Take a few steps back and do a running jump so you reach the small ledge below. Two Dobermans and a gunman appear on the
ground floor, so kill them before dropping to the floor below. Kill the gunman hiding in the dark on the second level from the top so he
won't snipe you when you reach the floor. Make your way to the floor and climb onto the box near the wall opposite the stage. Jump
and pull up to the walkway. Get past the broken floor until you reach the wall with the curtains.
- Go to the edge and jump forward and pull up to kill another gunman and relieve him of his ammo. Return to the ground floor and run
along the back wall to trigger two rolling boulders. Take the medkit from the gunman you killed from above then go into the water.
Another gunman comes out on stage and his performance is less than acceptable. Kill him and take his Uzi ammo after you kill the
Doberman coming in from the left and another gunman sneaking in from behind. Off to the side where the Doberman originated is a
small alcove with a switch. Flip the switch to open a grate at the other end of the stage.
- As you approach the grate some more bad guys arrive for target practice. After you have killed them and taken the medkit, jump and
pull up to the ledge where the grating was. Walk - do not run - through the glass then turn left and do a running jump and grab onto the
crevice in the wall so you can shimmy to the left until you can pull up and flip the switch which lowers the plank.
- Run and jump back to the previous walkway and stop before your momentum takes you into the deadly glass. Continue down the
walkway and do a running jump to grab and pull up to the ledge on the left. Jump and pull up once more then turn and run and jump and
pull up again to continue your upward journey. Kill the rat then get the timing down on the swinging sandbag. Do a standing jump when
the first sandbag is at the end of its swing. Jump past the second one to the ledge and flip the switch to send another sandbag hurtling
through the stage floor.
- Walk carefully towards the sloped ledge then turn around and slide down backwards, grabbing on to the edge when you fall. Pull up
and backflip through the hole in the floor and light one of your flares. Follow the passage to the left staying along the left wall. You
will enter a larger room with a ledge and a switch to your left.
- To your right is a tiny underwater passage. Swim into this passage to find Secret #1; the Stone Dragon, then return to the ledge and
flip the switch to open a door back up above the right side of the stage. No go back so you are once again under the hole in the stage
and take the large passage at the end of the room. Swim up and keep to the right and you will find the missing Relay Box. Climb the
ladder up through the door you recently opened. Return to the top floor of the Opera House and kill two more Dobermans as you make
your way back to the switch where you needed the Relay Box. Insert the box and flip the switch to activate the elevator.
- This is a tricky secret. Do not get in the elevator. Instead, wait for it to go down then get ON the elevator and quickly jump to the
ladder and climb up into the hidden opening. WALK through the deadly glass and pick up Secret #2; the Gold Dragon, then flip the
switch to your left. Continue through the glass making sure to grab that Uzi ammo in the second alcove to the left before entering the
door you just opened with the switch. Return to the elevator switch and flip it so you can take the elevator down.
- Two gunman are waiting as the elevator doors open so kill them quickly and add their shells to your ammo collection. Flip the switch to
send the elevator back up and to also give you access to a hidden pool of water which the elevator was concealing. Jump in and head
for the grating then turn left and follow some stairs to an underwater area. Take the Circuit Board which is lying in the corner of this
room then return to the grating you swam past a minute ago.
- Go to the left and around the grate to find and flip a switch which opens a side of the cage letting Lara surface and catch her breath.
Climb out and kill some rats then turn and jump to grab and pull up to the next level. Kill the quickly advancing gunman then jump and
pull up again to kill another rat and a Doberman. Continue along the hall until you reach some windows. Shoot out the glass then drop
into the room below and use the switch to open the door.
- Slide down the sloped passage jumping over the deadly fan at the last possible second. You should land on a ledge with the Ornate Key.
After you take the key, pull up to the tallest block and jump to the slope and head for the duct. Jump in and kill the rat. Continue along
until you reach the edge of the duct then jump the gap. Turn and jump back to avoid another deadly fan and repeat once more for the
- Look up at the dark area without any fan. Jump forward from the edge of the duct you are standing on to grab and
pull up to get Secret #3; the Jade Dragon. There is a deadly fan behind the dragon so if you can either light a flare
or just carefully WALK forward until you get the statue. Return and hang and drop to get back to the duct below.
- Head down the hall until you reach a moveable box. Pull it to gain access to a switch which you can flip to open a
door. Pull the box once more then push it all the way into the dressing room under the first windows. Get on the box
and shoot out any windows that still have glass in them then jump into the first windows. Another box is in here so
push it out the windows so it lands on top of the previous box. Jump and grab the top box and pull up. Now you can
reach the top row of windows so jump in and kill the guard who has been waiting patiently for your return.
- Now begin the long trek back to the Control Room using the shaft next to the elevator. Jump and pull up until you finally reach the lock.
Use the key to open the doors then continue forward. If you failed to trigger the boulders your first time through this area, then you
need to avoid them now. Stay along the wall and head towards the switch to open the door at the top of the ladder. Enter the Control
Room and use the Circuit Board before flipping the switch to raise the backdrop on stage.
- Return to the stage and kill the 3 gunmen and the Doberman. Get the medkit and shells from your fallen enemies then go through the
hole in the wall to find many stacked boxes. One of the smaller ones can be pulled out so find it and pull it twice to gain access to a
hidden passage. Enter and use the switch to lower the backdrop then exit this area and kill another guard who should be just arriving.
- Start climbing the boxes until you reach the white ledge above the stage. Kill the henchman down below and try to avoid any sandbags
which will kill you on impact. When he is dead, look around and find the opening above. Jump forward and pull up into this area to flip
another switch that opens a door by a swinging sandbag.
- Now stand at the edge of the opening and do an angled jump to the slope on the right. Slide down and stay along the right to do a timed
dash past the swinging sandbag. Hang and drop to get past the swinging box and arrive at the floor. Bartoli should arrive shortly and
he seems to be particularly vulnerable to shotgun blasts. Two Dobermans will also attack your when you reach the floor but should fall
quickly to the power of the shotgun. When you finally kill Bartoli, take all the grenades and kill off the two remaining henchmen. Take
the medkit and Uzi clips from these two fellows then go to the other side of the room and climb on the box to make your way back to
the room with the stacked boxes next to the entrance. There should be a button next to the entry which will open the exit. Get onboard
the airplane and take off for the next level...
- What a way to start a level - Stripped of all your possessions and locked up! First we need to get Lara out of this jail cell then find her
weapons. There is a switch which opens the cell door but it's on a timer so before you go flipping it you had better clear an escape
route. When you have pushed and pulled the crates so you have a clear path to the door, go pull the switch (which I hope you have
found by now).
- Once you escape the alarm will sound and the bad guys start to show up. The first one to worry about is coming from your left. Head
off to meet him, and get past him so you can lead him back to his starting location. Dodge his gunfire and also the blows of his friend
who is also waiting here. Try to draw his gunfire so he blows out the nearby windows which you can promptly escape through. Head
right along the narrow ledge and press the button on the wall to open the bay doors beneath the plane. Swim inside and go over to
press another button to kill the plane's engines then return back through the broken window and do a running jump and pull up to the
top of the engine. Drop into the trapdoor on top of the plane to find your lost Pistols.
- Go back and kill those two bullies who were giving you a hard time earlier and take the Yellow Key Card. Go back through the broken
window and head left this time to a room with some water. Dive in the water and flip the switch beneath the tunnel opening which
grants you access to the upcoming Secret #1; the Jade Dragon. Resurface and fill those lungs for a long dive. Enter the tunnel and
follow it left then right and then a sharp right then take the downward passage staying near the top so you can get behind the
underwater fan. Grab the dragon statue and swim back to the surface to catch your breath before heading back to the door with the
Yellow Key Lock.
- Enter the next room and press the button on the far wall to kill the alarm. Go up the stairs to the right and spin the wheel to open the
door. Kill the rig worker and take his medkit then proceed into the next room and kill another workman who is coming down a ramp and
through a door which locks as you near it. Spin the wheel to open the next door and kill a guard and get some ammo and your first
batch of harpoons.
- Enter the bunk area and reclaim your Auto-Mags from the right top-center bunk then go to the end and get the Harpoon Gun from the
last bunk on the left. Go back to the entrance of the bunk area and press the button above the top-left bunk to open a door in the
ceiling at the opposite end. Run to the top right bunk and climb on and jump and grab to the opening to gain access to the passage
- Continue down the hall and slide backwards down the ramp so you can grab on and use the ladder to climb down to the floor. We need
to use those boxes to get past the 4 burners and reach the ladder on the other side. Pull the first one to the left all the way past the
other box then go push the second box towards the burners. Now you can do a running jump and grab onto the ladder. When you reach
the top of the ladder, head to the right and kill another guard who also happens to have the Red Key Card on him. Climb the ladder to
get Secret #2; the Stone Dragon.
- Go up the stairs and return to the room with the water from earlier in the game. Now that you know where you are; return to the room
with the button that turned off the alarm and go up the stairs to the left of the button. Kill the guard and his dog and take the Uzi
clips. The door with the Red Key Lock is at the top of the ramp so jump out of the way of the rolling barrels to make your way to this
- Enter the door and head left to kill another Rig Worker as another sneaks up behind you and another climbs in from the right. Take the
shells, medkit and flares from the resulting casualties then return to the landing near the entrance. Push the box once then go around it
and pull it once then go around and push it once more. Now you can go to the opposite landing and do a running jump and grab to pull
up onto the box and access the opening in the wall.
- Take the shells from the guard you kill in this passage and go to the door with the Green Key Lock. There is also a switch and a
trapdoor in this area. Flip the switch to see that empty tank behind you being filled with water. Return and drop down to the floor then
swing across the water tank and head right. Go over the pipes then head left until you find a switch on the wall which opens the trap
door back near the door with the Green Key Lock. Go all the way back and drop into the trapdoor and slide down the ramp.
- Deadly Frogmen are lurking in the water so run to the right and see if you can catch one on the surface and blast him. If you miss him
or he's not there, just return to the other end and dive in and get ready for action. Swim toward the pillars quickly as you are being
pursued by a deadly frogman. Climb up on the closest pillar using one of the two sides with the yellow stripes and wait for the frogman
to surface. Finish him off with your favorite weapon.
- The next closest pillar has a ladder which leads to the catwalk above. Before you climb up it, go get Secret #3; the Gold Dragon which
is sitting at the base of the pillar at the end of that catwalk where you ran to try and shoot the first frogman. When you claim your
prize, two guards will arrive. You can either fight them here to snipe them from the catwalk above.
- When you are up the ladder you need to follow the catwalk and do a running jump when you reach the gap. Grab on and pull up and kill
the gunman who just happens to have your Shotgun. Take back your weapon then go right and when you reach the central wall, go left
and follow the catwalks. You should spot a hole in the wall up above (the Exit) and another bad buy up ahead guards the Green Key
Card which is inside a box. Kill him, then jump into the box. You will break through and can now take the card.
- Follow the catwalk up to the hole in the wall and return to the room with the door with the Green Key Lock, making sure to kill the
guard you meet on the way. Once the door is open you need to flip that switch on the wall to drain the water from the one tank and
pump it into the other. Now you can swim through the opening and flip the underwater switch to open the grate. Climb up and head
down the passage to the exit...
- Jump from the ledge over to the ladder and press the button in the hall to stop the deadly fan. Now you can safely dive in and get the
grenades beneath the fan. Now go flip the switch near the walkway to open the sealed door and continue down the hall. A Doberman
and two guards attack from the left so finish them off before continuing. Get the shells and Uzi's if needed then use the pillars to get
across the vat. Make sure to avoid the swinging hooks, but if you "go for a swim" you can use the tunnel under the water to make your
way back and try again.
- Kill two more guards and take their flares and the medkit. Now you should be at the top of a long slide which dumps you right into a vat
of toxic waste. About halfway down the slope is a hole which contains Secret #1; the Stone Dragon. You can slide forward and into
the hole where you can claim your statue before climbing out and continuing your slide towards the toxic waste. When you reach the
bottom you can jump across the waste to the other side.
- Climb up the ladder and grab some ammo then check out the slope beneath the hole. Jump in the hole and grab the ledge as you slide
off backwards. There is a guard on duty below so get ready. Drop down and grab and pull up while drawing your guns to kill the
guard. Take all that ammo he leaves behind. The door with the Blue Key Lock is near your present location and the Blue Key Card is in a
hole on the other side of the room. Jump into the small opening from the catwalk. You will slide down the slope and into the hole where
you can take the card then follow the tunnel back around and up the ladder and to the door with the Blue Key Lock.
- Get ready for action as you enter this next room. Four Dobermans and a guy with a flamethrower are just waiting to take you on.
Dispose of the dogs while keeping a safe distance from the guy with the fire. Take him out QUICK with the biggest gun you have. It's
best to kill these guys before they ever get off a shot. If they do manage to "flame-on" then just backup and wait until it is safe to
move in and finish them off.
- There should be four doors; two of which have wheels you can spin to open them with. One door leads to stairs going up and the other
has stairs going down. Go down these stairs and eliminate the workman then push the box out of the way to reveal a control panel with
a missing Chip. Make a note of the circular saw as you will be coming back shortly.
- Before you jump into the water make sure you have found the only place that you can get back out. Now dive in and tease the frogman
so he follows you to the surface. Climb out and fill him with lead then dive back in and explore the tunnel he was guarding. You should
find two switches inside the tunnel - flip them both and continue along this passage making a series of right turns. A door should open
as your get near, so go through and turn left to arrive back at the large pool. Go up the stairs and take care of the two guards and the
workman who are guarding a helicopter. Grab the medkit, ammo and shells when the shootout is over.
- Cross the large room and enter the smaller room with some burners in the floor, a trapdoor, a switch and a button. Flip the switch on
the right and head forward and drop through the trapdoor to collect the M-16 and some clips. Quickly climb out and return to the
button before the burner turns back on. Flip the switch again then jump to the left and push the button then make a dash across the
room, jumping OVER the trap door and grab the Chip. Quickly do a reverse roll and head back out of this room and to the control panel
where you can use the Chip.
- After you insert the Chip, the door open. Run down the ramp and shoot the workman across the pool from the safety of the hallway,
then run across to the medkit he dropped. A flamethrower is to your left and he opens fire as you run past. Take care of him from the
opposite side of the pool then go to the right of the orange tank to open a secret panel. Go inside and press the button, then return and
dive into the pool to obtain Secret #2; the Jade Dragon from the now-opened grate at the bottom.
- Exit the pool and grab the Harpoon Gun which is next to the scuba gear then dive back in and head
down the underwater tunnel. When you hear the breathing of approaching frogmen, retreat back to
dry land and kill both of them from the safety of the shore. Now jump back in and swim through the
passage to emerge in another room. Exit on the low ledge on the right and take care of those two
workmen. Now you can jump up to the top of the wall and flip the switch to open a door back in the
- Return to the previous room where a frogman and two workers are waiting for you. Kill them all and
take the medkit and Uzi clips as your reward. Go through the door you just opened and use the
switch the crane will move allowing you to climb up and over to the other side of the pool.
- Head for the corner and jump over the boxes and press the button to get a view of the room with the door you "unsealed" earlier.
Head for that room now killing the two guards and their dogs. When you arrive, drop down and enter the tunnel and arrive at the
central chamber. A guard tries to distract you from his friend with the Flamethrower who is sneaking around the corner so take out the
flamethrower guy first then finish off his friend. Grab the second Chip which we need for that circular saw we passed by earlier.
Return there now.
- Insert the Chip and the blade disengages and you can now take the Red Key Card before returning to the central chamber. Use your
new key card and drop down to take care of the Rig Boss. Continue into the room with the water and take care of the remaining Rig
Workers. Take the medkit and also the harpoons which are over by the scuba tanks. Continue through the door until you enter a large
- Kill the Rig Boss and the guard from above then enter the open door to the small room to obtain Secret #3; the Gold Dragon. If for
some reason this door is shut, you will need to return to the room where you used the Red Key Card and flip the switch. The switch
toggles this door open and closed, but the door should be already open assuming you didn't go flipping switches earlier without me
telling you to. Once you have the statue you can approach the body in the middle of the room to take a submarine ride and exit this
- Not only do you need to find some air - you also need to out-swim a Great White Shark who has selected you as its next meal. Spin
around and start swimming behind you, following all the junk on the ocean floor. When you arrive at the ship, swim into the hole where
the anchor is protruding and find the air-pocket so you can breath. The shark is still coming so when your lungs are filled dive down
and swim into the hole below and angle off to the right.
- Head up and into the large room then enter the opening on the left and continue on into a smaller area and take the next opening on the
left. You should now be in a room with a patterned floor so head left and swim down towards the metal girder and flip the switch to
open a door in the floor behind you. Swim through this door and go left and follow the passage until you see a hole above. Surface to
finally catch your breath and climb on the box that is floating here.
- Head for the pile of boxes on the right and swim into the small opening in the middle. Climb out and head to your right. At the end of
the dark hall is a switch so flip it then return to the stack of boxes and climb them to enter the next room. Drop down to the floor and
kill the workman who tries a sneak-attack from behind one of the boxes. Grab the shells from your enemy being extra careful not to
step on the dark area of the floor which is a giant trapdoor.
- Secret #1; the Stone Dragon is just sitting there for the taking, so go get it while avoiding that trapdoor. Once you have the statue you
can jump over the door which will cause it to open. Now you can kill off all the bad guys from up here before dropping down to the
closest box to pick up your spoils; a medkit and harpoons. Now climb on the box in the middle of the room and jump to the higher box
along the wall so you can climb into the opening and enter the next area.
- When you enter this next room flip the switch to your immediate left to open a timed door near the windows. Run and jump and enter
the door (the timer will stop when you are in). Dive down to get Secret #2; the Jade Dragon while avoiding those pesky underwater
creatures who would try and stop you.
- Lara now needs to get past a long row of timed burners which line the hall. Here are explicit directions for getting past the hardest
puzzle encountered so far. Start down the hall and turn into the dark passage and climb up into the hole in the ceiling. Flip the switch
to open the door next to the hall with the burners. Enter that door and get ready for the race of your life. Saving wouldn't be such a
- HINT: When racing through this puzzle make sure you jump over the beams and even the short walls which lead to the rooms with the
switches. If you try to climb or even stumble, you will lose precious seconds that you don't have.
- Flip the switch to turn off the first set of burners which lets you run as far as the next switch. Flip that to open the other door then
run and enter that room to flip another switch. All burners are off for the moment so run all the way back to the first switch to turn
off the first set of burners. You should now have plenty of time (or about 10 seconds) to run the entire gauntlet of burners and arrive
at your next puzzle.
- Go into the water and kill the Barracuda. Now get ready for a puzzle almost as challenging as the last - only this time it's
UNDERWATER! To sum it up; you need to swim through several underwater rooms, flip a switch in the third room then swim to the
bottom to flip another switch which opens the hatch up above. Secret #3; the Gold Dragon is also at the bottom in a tunnel by the
switch. And if your running out of air wasn't enough - let's throw in a mess of Barracudas with an attitude which swarm in when you
touch that statue. Sound like fun? Good - Go for it!
- HINT: Always slow down when making underwater turns, and always do the Reverse Roll to back away from switches after using them.
You can also skip the mini-movies by pressing Lara's "look" button to save valuable seconds. And if you just can't manage to get that
statue, you can always surface and fill-up on air before diving back down to get it.
- Drop down into the next area and survey all the rocks and junk in this room. Find and drop through the hole in the floor then find and
pull the box so it is under the opening. Now you can climb up and use the switch which will dump all the rocks from above down to this
level. You can now reach two new opening and a door opposite the switch. Make your way to the opening on the right and climb up to
reach the previous level. You can only grab the ledge that faces center of the room below to do this.
- Staying along the left wall and go into the opening above. Use the switch to open a door somewhere else in this level then drop all the
way down to the lower level and this time climb up into the left opening. Keep along the right wall until you can climb up to a flat ledge.
Do a running jump to land on another ledge on the left. Climb up into the opening above to find and flip another switch to flood an
- Once again, return to the lower level and this time enter the door and follow the passage to the room you just flooded. There is a door
below and a frogman in the water so dive in and kill him with the harpoon gun. After you eliminate this obstacle, continue through the
passage and get out of the water fast. A workman and a Rig Boss are moving in for the kill. When they are dead you can take their
medkit, shells and 2 packs of harpoons over in the corner. Use the switch on the wall to open the door and exit this level...
Wreck of the Maria Doria
- Kill the frogman before attempt to get those harpoons. Then you can proceed down the underwater tunnel until you can climb out onto
a ledge and take the medkit. Slide down the slope then hang and drop to the floor which breaks away dropping you even further.
- Kill the workman and guard in this next area and claim their medkits and Uzi clips. Pull out the moveable box in this area to uncover a
few more moveable boxes. Continue to move the first box until it is in the hallway. Now you can push and pull the remaining two boxes
until you reveal two concealed passages.
- Look for a hole in the ceiling on the other side of the room. Climb up and kill a patrolling guard up ahead and the other who sneaks in
from the rear. Take Secret #1; the Stone Dragon from the hole then return to the two passages.
- The left passage goes to a locked bathroom so take the right passage to the Ballroom and kill the workman and the guard on your way.
Feel free to take their medkit and flares before entering the Ballroom. Watch out for the deadly glass as you take out the guard on the
second level. Move around to the side of the hole where there is no glass then step back and run into the hole letting your momentum
carry you to the ledge below.
- You should easily find the Bathroom Key nearby before making a return jump to the side of the hole without the glass where you can
pull back up to the Ballroom. Return to the left passage which leads to the bathroom and use your key on the lock behind the chair. Push
the button to open the double doors and kill the workman who comes charging out. Go through these doors to find and push another
button to open the door on the second level of the Ballroom. Go back and press the other button to shut these doors before leaving.
- Back in the Ballroom, drop off and shimmy to the left to reach the open door. Now you can take the ramp to the right of the door up to
the second level. Take the ammo from the guard you shot earlier then continue on until you can do a running jump to grab a ledge which
has Circuit Breaker #1. Take it then return to the door.
- You should now be in a hall with several doors. The first door on the left leads to an empty room but open it anyway. The only other
door you can open (right now) is the door on the right with the wheel. Spin it to open the door then enter and drop to the floor. Move
the box until you can reach the switch then use it to open the door above. Move the box up there so you can reach the door. Continue
through the next room and up the ramp to deal with another guard, then head for the next room which has a box in it.
- Move this box so you can reach the switch above and take the Rusty Key that was under the box. You can now return to the hall and
use the key in the door opposite the open door to the empty room. Enter and drop to the floor and move the box so you can pull out the
box above. After you pull the first box and push the second one, you should find a passage to the right. The floor will break away here
and there are also barrels which will roll over you if you try to simply dart across the collapsing floor. Instead, run a sweeping arc to
collapse all the panels while avoiding the barrels. You should end up where you started.
- Heavy breathing should tip you off that another bad guy is lurking in the vicinity. Head around the left corner and take care of the
guard then return to the tiles where the barrels came from and go get Secret #2; the Jade Dragon. This is tricky as a lone barrel is
waiting to crush you. Jump up to the sloping passage and as you pull up you should hear the approaching barrel. Jump back then to the
left to sidestep the barrel then you can proceed up the passage to claim your statue.
- When you arrive at the room with the grate floor and a boat below you need to drop down to the boat and flip the underwater switch
over by the ladder. This opens a timed door up above so get back on the boat and pull up to the floor above and run through the door.
Flip the switch you find in here to permanently keep the door open, then begin a series of jumps between the two sloped areas. Keeping
jumping until the pit below closes then you can stand and pull yourself up into the opening. Flip the switch to open up a section of the
wall back past the area with the boat.
- Return to the newly exposed area and kill the workman and the guard then push the button on the left to open a timed trapdoor. Run
around the pool and dash through the trapdoor before it shuts. Go get Circuit Breaker #2 which is down to your right. Taking this item
opens the exit which is also on a timer. Grab the medkit then go and press the button on the wall to drain the water where the boat is.
Trip the exit open again and return back to the area with the boat. Jump down onto the boat then spin the wheel to open the door.
- The passage leads off to the left where there is a trapdoor to the Bathroom. The double doors should form a bridge for you to cross
over and get Circuit Breaker #3. If the doors are open you will need to go past the trapdoor to find the button which shuts them. Now
with all three Circuit Breakers, drop down into the Bathroom and kill the guard and workman and take their ammo and harpoons.
- Return to the pool room from the beginning of this level and get the medkit from the corner of the room.
Take a deep breath and swim through the passage and flip the switch at the bottom of the tall shaft
which will open the door up top. Now swim up and out through that door and kill the worker, guard and
boss. Use your M-16 to kill them quickly then take their medkit, shells, and Uzi clips. Plug in those
breakers into their slots then move the box under the opening above and climb up. Take care of another
workman then flip the switch to flood the room up ahead. Jump across the overhead ducts to reach this
- Follow the passage and kill the Barracuda when you wade into the water. Grab those harpoons over to
your right then head through the exit to the dark passage on the left where you can kill another worker.
Make a note of the Cabin Door then continue left to find some ammo. In the room with the windows you
need to spin the wheel to open the door. Enter and flip the switch then run to the other side of the room
through the timed door to get some flares. Push the box and use the switch to open the trapdoor at the end of the hall.
- Go to the trapdoor and jump into the ocean. Climb out and wait for all of those dangerous underwater obstacles to start swimming
towards you. Wait for most of them to appear below you - which means they aren't guarding the key - then jump in and begin the race
for the key. The fish are fast swimmers so try not to make and drastic course changes. Swim through the opening up ahead and turn
right. The windows should now be on your right and the Cabin Key lies behind the rocks on the left.
- Dodge the shark while getting the key then make a sweeping circle back around toward the opening you swam through a minute ago.
The pack of fish should still be pursuing so head for the opening. As you exit through the opening look for a cave opening across from
where you exit. Swim into the cave and stay along the right wall until you can see a small opening above you. Swim to the surface and
breath and take Secret #3; the Gold Dragon while you rest for the final race back to the ship. When you are ready, dive down and
exit the cave and return to the trap door dodging the fish as needed.
- Climb up through the trap door and turn left and return to the Cabin Door and use that key. Enter and flip the switch to open a
trapdoor outside. Now go push the box to flip another switch before returning to the cabin where an opening in the ceiling should be
waiting. Climb up and proceed down the passage until you drop into the next room. Make your way around to the right to the hole in the
floor. Turn and run into the pool room and stop before you go in the water. Kill the guard and the boss and take the M-16 ammo. Dodge
the shots of the frogmen from below and if you need it, go get the M-16 from the dark passage.
- Kill the frogmen then jump into the water. If they refuse to make good targets then jump in and tease them then climb out and shoot
them when they eventually surface. When both are gone dive in and move the barrel to reveal the passage which leads to the exit....
- Hang a left as you being this next underwater level and pull the lever to open the trapdoors ahead. Enter and cross the next room
taking care of the crewman on the way. Jump to the flat area to find a switch up above. Go to the other side of the room and out
through the opening. Continue down the passage and eliminate the workman and the guard and take the harpoons for your efforts.
- As you exit the passage you will need to backflip to avoid some barrels then kill the crewman who arrives on the scene. At the top of
the ramp, grab onto the ledge and shimmy over to the switch and use it to turn off those burners. Head to the left and enter the next
passage to find and use another switch. Drop through the hole to arrive back at the piston room.
- Jump and grab to reach the first piston then begin to cross over the rest of them. Kill the guard up ahead then turn right to do a
running jump to get to the ledge with Secret #1; the Stone Dragon. Once you have your prize, do another running jump and grab and
pull up to continue.
- Follow the winding hall until you reach a box which you can push to open the way to a second box. Push the first box two more times
then you can move in to push the second box. Drop down through the hole to flip the switch then jump back up and grab and pull back
up to the box area. Return to the pistons and climb back across to the other side. With the pistons in their new position you can now
reach the ledge to the right. A running jump with a grab should let you pull up and flip the switch to flood the room with the burners.
- Return to that room and pull the lever which opens the door. Swim through the door and kill the frogman on the other side from the
safety of the room to the left. When he is dead and your lungs are filled you need to open that trapdoor in the ceiling of the large
room. Swim into the cave and head left. Try to keep to the left side of the cave and the Giant Moray Eel may just not kill you. Flip the
switch then head for the trapdoor. Stay out of the moss or you will get tangled and drown.
- Kill the guard up above as you exit the trapdoor. Use the switch to open the door on the opposite side of the catwalk then enter that
door to find two switches. Flip the switch on the right then immediately flip the left switch to raise some metal devices behind you. Flip
the first switch and jump right then left then throw the left switch. Reverse roll, then run and jump forward and grab to shimmy to the
right until you reach the ledge with the switch to open the trapdoors.
- Head for the corner where the trapdoor is. Facing the lower slope, do a series of jumps between the slopes to grab and pull up to the
top ledge. Cross over on the ducts and move the box out of the way. Shimmy past it and continue along to the large metal beam in the
center of the room. Continue along the ducts until you can jump into the opening in the wall on the other side. A workman is to your
right so take care of him before proceeding.
- At the end of the hall go to the area where the workman came from. Below is Secret #2; the Gold Dragon which is protected by deadly
glass, so jump over and pull up into the upper area and fall through the floor. Take the statue and walk through the deadly glass until
you can pull yourself back up to the hall.
- Continue on and slide down the ramp and shoot the Barracuda which waits in the pool below. In the corner is a collapsing panel which
leads to Secret #3; the Jade Dragon. Stand on it just long enough to have it start to break then pull up and kill another pesky fish
before swimming through the opening to collect this level's final secret.
- Use the pillars to make your way to the top of the slope. Watch out for the collapsing floor between the two pillars by the window.
Immediately jump to the taller pillar before you fall through. Shimmy across to the right and pull up. Continue up the slope and drop
into the hall and kill the guard up ahead on the right. Proceed down the walkway and kill another guard to your left. Pull the box at the
end of the room to open the way to the Theater. Head back and jump over the balcony.
- Kill the crewman and the guard who appear below the balcony. Drop into the pit where these bad guys used to be and move the box to
reveal the Theater Key. Push the box back to climb out and kill the boss who has just arrived. Head for the Theater and kill the
crewman who is to the right of the theater door. Enter the theater and kill another crewman to the right unless he was already waiting
behind the door in which case; kill him where he stands.
- A boss and crewman are on the right balcony so kill them and flip the switch nearby. Then go pull the curtain on the stage and kill the
workman. You may want to light a flare to find the button across the pit of glass. Press it to flood the pit back in the previous room
where you found the Theater Key. Return to that area, killing another boss on the way. With the pit full of water, you can now make it
across and enter the passage and exit this level...
- You start this level under immediate attack from a Flamethrower and a workmen to the right. Take care of them quickly then continue
around to the right and add the Grenade Launcher to your arsenal. Now head back to where you started and dive in the water to the
right. Exit on the left landing to avoid the circling barracuda and kill them from their. Then proceed across the ledges to your left to
obtain the Stern Key.
- Jump back in and facing the hull, turn left and head down to the opening in the rocks. Enter then head right and finally left before
going up to the hole. Exit the water firing at the approaching workman. The giant propeller is blocking your exit so keep going until you
find and kill another Flamethrower standing by a trapdoor. There is a dead end below so head for that stack of crates. Push the first
one then climb on top and push the top box. Drop down and pull the first box then go behind it and push it over to the ledge where the
Flamethrower was. Now you can go and move a third box to reveal a door. Use the Stern Key.
- Enter then swim down and head for the switch on the right wall. Use it to open the dead end from the previous paragraph Return to the
trapdoor and flip the switch to drain the room behind the Stern Key door. You will need to kill another boss along the way. Now you
can move the box to find the passage leading past the propeller.
- You should arrive at the raft so jump in the water and head left and exit quickly to dispatch another workman on shore before dealing
with two more frogmen in the water. Facing the raft, you can jump in and swim down and to the left to find Secret #1; the Stone
Dragon hidden in the plants by the rocks.
- Take the statue then turn around and head left around the rocks to the tunnel. Watch out for the approaching Barracuda and kill him
from the safety of dry land. Continue down the tunnel, ignoring the left fork, and get the medkit by the hole in the floor and use it to
totally heal yourself. Hang from the lowest end of the ledge to reduce your damage before dropping into the hole and land on the box.
Take the Cabin Key and go on a shark hunt.
- Kill the first two sharks then kill a third shark who is lurking over by where you got the dragon statue. Now return to the tunnel and
this time take the left fork. Continue up the winding passage until you reach the upper deck. Explore the area a bit before dropping
down to the deck by the pool and kill the Flamethrower and a few friends before approaching the strange looking panel on the wall of
the pool. A frogman swims out as you approach so kill him then take Secret #2; the Gold Dragon that he was guarding.
- Some Uzi and M-16 ammo is partially hidden by those boxes near the pool. Scarf it all up then head over to where you can see the area
where you found the Grenade Launcher earlier. Do a running jump to the flat ledge then do another running jump to grab and pull up to
the walkway. Continue forward and do another running jump to the orange sloped surface. Head right until you can see the stacked
boxes below you. Hang here and drop then grab immediately so you can shimmy left and pull up. Now do a running jump in the crack in
- Continue down the tunnel jumping across the platforms. Take care of the workmen who would try and stop you. Exit the cave and do a
running jump to grab and pull up to the roof. Head across the roof and to the left and jump over the alley to find and enter the
trapdoor. Kill the workman and load up on ammo. Head for the door which will open automatically and pull the box to reveal a switch.
Flip it to open a door on the upper deck. Go out and up and to the right to the door you just opened to find M-16 ammo and the lock
which happens to match your Cabin Key.
- Fall through the collapsing floor and press the button you find there to open the final door on the upper deck. Follow the cave to the
hole in the floor and retrieve the Storage Shed Key. Now you can go to the Storage Shed which is by the propeller. As you head back
along the walkway by the orange sloped surface Secret #3; the Jade Dragon waits for you in a small cave. Jump to the left of the
cave entrance then shimmy right until you can pull up and take your prize. Watch for the glass when you leave. Jump over the glass and
get ready for a big fight when you land.
- Two Flamethrower guys are guarding the Storage Shed. Take care of these deadly enemies quickly (I recommend the M-16) then open
the shed with your key to claim the first Artifact of the game - the Seraph.
- Follow the trail at the start of this level. Take care of the Eagle as you proceed down the trail and down the slope to a large area with
even larger snow boulders ready to crush you. Jump past the first ones then run to the left passage to avoid the rest. Jump through the
ice then as you hit the icy slope, jump again to land on the path to the right. Follow the path to a large canyon with a hut and a
snowmobile. Kill the attacking eagle before proceeding.
- Turn and hang down and drop to start sliding down a slope. Grab again so you hang from the bottom edge then drop again to the cave
entrance. If you miss the ledge you can always try again by climbing the ladder then jumping back to the slope to slide and repeat the
grab and drop. Follow the cave until you can jump in the pool and cross over. As you exit the water all those sharp icicles will fall on
you. Drop back into the water to avoid them before climbing out onto the textured surface and up to a hole in the wall.
- Take the left passage from here until you arrive back outside where you can do a running jump to the next ledge followed by another
running jump to the ledge by the hut. Nab the medkit then climb up the cliff to the hut. Kill the two mercenaries who are guarding the
snowmobile then go get Secret #1; the Stone Dragon from the ledge to the right of the cave entrance.
- Now you can proceed down the passage and kill any enemies you encounter. When you arrive in the open area with the ramps you need
to perform a series of jump until you are ready to enter the cave with the large stone blocking the way. Jump over the wall on the first
ramp. When you reach the long ramp leading towards the wall, you will want to kill the leopards lurking to the left. Jump the gap and
hop on the snowmobile and jump it across staying to the left. Another jump should take you to a fork in the trail where you can park
and proceed on foot.
- Head to the right and grab the grenades before climbing the ladder to flip a switch which opens the gate up ahead. Kill some more
mercenaries before getting back on the snowmobile and heading through the gate you just opened killing another mercenary along the
way. Leave the snowmobile behind in the large cave, and kill two more advancing mercenaries.
- Head out onto the ledge and do a running jump over to the ledge on the right to obtain Secret #2; the Jade Dragon, then return to the
snowmobile. Two leopards will be milling around the area so kill them before making the big jump. Continue left while avoiding more of
those giant snowballs until you reach a cave. Dismount and enter the cave.
- A short exploration of the caves reveals a passage to the left as well as a switch by a gate and a ladder. The ladder is what's
important now, so return outside and head for the ladder. Jump over it then grab the ledge as you slide back down. Now climb down to
the cave and get the Drawbridge Key and continue on until you reach the ice walls. Kill the mercenary behind the ice then head for the
hole to get some grenades and kill three leopards. Return to the ladder area by doing a running jump then a grab and pull up to get
back to the snowmobile.
- Now you can use the key to lower the bridge so you can ride over to the warning sign. Dislodge all those giant snowballs before
attempting to ride across this area. At the bottom of the avalanche is the Hut Key which is guarded by a mercenary riding a snowmobile
equipped with machine guns - not a factory option! Kill him from relative safety of the area to the left of the key. You can take his
snowmobile when he is dead but it won't make the jump you need to make on your way back so you may as well leave it behind. Take
the Hut Key and begin the long trek back to the hut.
- Back at the hut, enter to find the M-16, ammo for the Uzi and some medkits. Flip the switch then dash for the door to kill the advancing
enemy. Keep above the enemy and pick them off one at a time. When the battle is over you should have a new snowmobile complete with
machine guns. A nearby ladder leads down to Secret #3; the Gold Dragon. Avoid the rolling snowball by jumping left before claiming
your prize. Climb back up and get on your new snowmobile.
- Two more guys on snowmobiles are waiting up ahead. Let them come to you and take them on one at a time. When they are dead,
continue to the other end of the valley and push the stone to continue. At the edge of the abyss you can shoot the guy below to your
right. Now ride your snowmobile right off the cliff and watch as Lara leaps to safety as the snowmobile is consumed in a fireball
below. Pull up onto the ledge and take the trail to exit this level...
- A gang of mercenaries greets you as you arrive at the Monastery. Start fighting them best you can until a Priest and two Monks arrive.
Monks hate mercenaries and will fight them whenever they see each other. Monks will not attack Lara unless she attacks them first, so
watch out for "friendly fire". When all the "enemies" are dead you can climb the ladder across from the double doors. Watch out for
the birds who attack while you climb then jump to the ledge to the right and finally jump to a slope to slide down to grab the crank.
- Drop and hang then drop and grab the ledge below to shimmy left and enter the Monastery through the window. A Monk should pass by
to your left so follow him until you reach the locked door to the Strongroom. A mercenary should break through a nearby window so
grab the grenades from the ledge outside then return to the hall and head for the door on the left.
- If you haven't already kill the mercenary then he should be following you, so lead him past the Monk and let him do your dirty work.
Now you can climb the ladder to the walkway above the Monastery's main room where you will find the Main Hall Key being guarded
by a Monk. Walk around the walkway then follow the path past the rolling boulders.
- Find the box where the second boulder came to rest and push it. Then go to the pool and jump in. The current is strong and you will be
pulled to the bottom so find the underwater tunnel to escape the current. Follow the tunnel until you take a tremendous plunge into a
pool and darkness. Use a flare to light the passage and begin the dangerous journey past the deadly doors. These doors are similar to
the swordsmen guards back in Bartoli's Hideout. Inch up as close as you can get then run past them.
- When you reach the ladder you can climb to the room above and team up with a Monk to kick some butt. Move the boxes to reveal the
exit then take Prayer Wheel #1 from the dark area. Taking the wheel trips the burners so hug the right wall and jump from the where
you tool the wheel to the edge closest to the first burners. One more jump should take you over the second row then you can return
back to the Main Hall and use that key.
- Past the door is a Priest and two more Monks. They will assist you in combat if you lead them over to the railing. Enter the door on the
right and continue through the room to the passage on the other side to the left. Do a running jump over some blades then head down a
long hall and enter the left door to acquire the Strongroom Key from a Monk.
- Return to the Strongroom and obtain the Rooftop Key. Now return to the hall where you first saw the Monk after coming in through the
window. This time take the door on the right to enter a room with a locked door which just happens to fit your new key exactly. Hug
the left wall to get safely past the rolling blades and continue to the next passage.
- Behind the gold statue is a switch to turn off the burners in the upcoming hall. Flip the switch and make a run for the door on the left
about halfway down the hall. Enter the room, running past two Monks and climb up the ladder. The Monks will take care of the
mercenaries but feel free to help if you want. Head for the courtyard to find and flip another switch which opens a pair of trapdoors.
Break the glass to obtain the Gemstones needed to open some upcoming doors.
- Around the corner is a switch so use it and then use a Gemstone between the gold statues to open a door. Enter and pull the box two
times to get Prayer Wheel #2. Now return to the area where you got the Strongroom Key and climb the ladder. Do a running jump to
pull up onto the hand of the statue then you can climb to the higher hand and finally do a running jump to the statue's head. Go across
the head to reach the next hand so you can use a Gemstone in the socket up above to open a trapdoor below.
- Before you jump into the trapdoor, head for the hall by the base of the statue and circle around and jump to the ramp and pull up to
get Secret #1; the Gold Dragon which is waiting behind the statue. Back in the hall you should pass another Monk on your way to the
room on the right. Pull the box to the left out and put in between the barrels. Now you can move the next box to get the ammo out from
under it. Now you can push the next box so you can get behind it and push it next to the door.
- Now move the boxes so that one is in front of the door and the other is next to the stack of boxes. This should allow you to pull the top
box out to reveal some harpoons. Return to the hall and head right to pass by three Monks on your way to the room on your left. The
room is filled with water which needs to be drained before proceeding.
- Before you drain the room you will want to get Secret #2; the Stone Dragon. Swim to the far side of the room and into the small
opening past the ladder to obtain the statue. Now you can return to the previous room with the trapdoor you opened earlier. Drop down
and follow the passage until you find a switch. Flip it to open a door then enter that room and push the box to drain the room you just
got the dragon from. With the water drained you are unable to reach the opening which previously housed the dragon, but you can push
the box on the ledge to obtain Prayer Wheel #3.
- Now you can head for the passage leading from the room at the end of the large hall. Take care of the mercenaries then get ready for
a truly evil puzzle. Head for the burner which extinguishes as you approach. Jump and dive over the burner and into the tunnel beyond
avoiding the deadly spikes swinging back and forth. Turn and climb up to the ledge and wait for the blades to roll past to the left then
jump over the hole. The next burner should turn off and you can run to the next passage. Climb up to the right ledge to spot the door
with the rolling blades between it and you.
- Do a timed run into the door and obtain the Trapdoor Key then return to the hall with the rolling blades. Dodge the blades as you make
your way to a small passage on your left and trigger a blade trap. Make your way past both of the deadly blade traps to obtain Secret
#3; the Jade Dragon before returning to the room where you obtained the last key.
- You should now be back in the room you drained earlier so use the Trapdoor Key to open and enter. Climb up to find a switch which
opens the double doors back near the statue and lets in some mercenaries. Outside, you need to follow the trail until you find the
ladder behind the rocks to the left. Climb up and head for the bridge shooting the eagle coming in from behind and the mercenary up
ahead. Kill some crows after you go across the bridge then make your way to the top of the building by using the well spaced ledges.
Enter to obtain Prayer Wheel #4.
- Now Lara needs to get back to the room where you obtained all the ammo by moving the boxes. You will pass by those double doors you
opening a few minute ago so watch out for the mercenaries you let in. You may get some assistance from the nearby Monks during this
fight. Enter the room with the boxes and take the passage. Grab when you start to fall in the trapdoor and you will catch onto a ladder.
Climb up and continue down the passage taking a right then a left then head up the stairs towards the window.
- Mercenaries swarm in behind you so leap out of the window. Another Priest and two more Monks are down below so flip the switch on
the wall to open the door. The Priest and Monks will go fight the mercenaries. Go help them out as they are seriously outnumbered.
When everyone is dead you can then climb the ladders up to Prayer Wheel #5.
- Now that you have all five of the Prayer Wheels you can return to the statue room and go to the room on the left. Use the Prayer
Wheels on the sides of the large double door to open a small door to a ramp which leads to the area where you can use the Seraph to
open the final door and exit this level.
Catacombs of the Talion
- Head to the side of the stairs and grab the crack in the left wall and shimmy right until you can pull up to obtain Secret #1; the Stone
Dragon and some flares. Climb down the ladder and kill your first Yeti then flip the switch to open the door above. Climb back up the
ladder and slide then backflip to the ledge and kill the leopard.
- Kill a pair of mercenaries as you head down the stairs and more leopards attack as you explore the area. Grab the medkit after you go
through the open door. Your next quest is sitting in that cage up above so run up the slope to trigger the snowballs. Dodge them as you
make your way to the ledge on the right then run across the floor which crumbles beneath you and climb the ladder above the deadly
spikes. Climb to the top and backflip over to the switch which raises the cage and lets you take the Mask. The pool will now drain and
the floor opens up.
- Go back down and jump the pit with the spikes and use the Mask next to the gate. As soon as you arrive on the next slope, more
snowballs start rolling towards you. Climb onto the left wall to avoid the snowballs. Four leopards will now arrive to add to your
excitement. There are more snowballs waiting to crush you should you decide to return to the slope. Find the ladder which is to the
right of the snowballs starting position and climb it to reach a ledge with some grenades. You will need another Mask to continue up
here so instead return to the crack in the wall.
- Four leopards surround you when you venture into the area past the crack. Continue towards the glacier where more
leopards challenge you. Climb the rocks to the left to discover a pool in which the second Mask lies. Mercenaries will
be waiting for you as you make your way back to the ledge where you obtained the grenades. Use the Mask and
- Four yeti are locked up in this room - that is until you flip the switch on the wall which turns on the lights and opens
the cages. These guys take a lot of ammo so just keep plugging them with everything you've got. Use the stairs to your
strategic advantage. When they are all dead you can use the block to keep the bars open over by the switch. Flip the
switch and grab the grenades from the hall before returning to the crack in the wall. More mercenaries are waiting.
- Head through the open door as more snowballs roll toward you. Make your way to the safe zone over to the left of
the rope bridge and the snowballs will roll past. Now you can continue up and do a running jump to grab onto the
ladder and climb to the top of the glacier. Dive into the pool below and exit to the shore to avoid the barracuda and frostbite. Continue
into the next room and head left.
- When you are standing on a ledge and getting ready to jump to the next turn and find the ladder. Climb up and go right to drop onto a
sliding ledge. Do a double jump to land on a flat ledge where you can obtain Secret #2; the Jade Dragon. Jump to grab the ladder to
return to the mission at hand. Continue across the pool and climb up the block near the door. Do a running jump to grab the bottom of
the ladder and climb to the top where you can jump back to land on a ledge with a switch. Flip it to open the door below then return to
the ground and enter the door.
- Dodge and attack the leopard which pounces from the left. When he is dead you can flip the switch to open the doors back where you
used the first Mask. Now you need to go all the way back to those doors and enter. After you enter, do a running jump over the pit and
kill the leopards before you drop down to their former location. Flip the switch you find here to open the doors and kill the last
leopard when he arrives. Grab the items from the corner before you head back up.
- More snowballs lie ahead. Jump forward to send them rolling your way. Jump back then forward again to land on the other side of this
minor trap. Another slope and more snowballs, but this time after you trigger them they will break through the door at the bottom
allowing you to enter. Stand on the left floor panel to open a door and carefully enter this room.
- This room is full of spikes so WALK when you enter. Right after you enter turn to the left and climb the textured wall surface to reach
the ledge above which has Secret #3; the Gold Dragon. Return to the floor and walk towards the door leading to the previous room.
When it opens you need to jump through and land on the ramp. Jump forward over the snowballs to trigger a floor panel which opens
the door to the exit. Immediately jump back and do a reverse roll and jump back into the room with the spikes. Make your way to the
exit door then do a running jump to reach the ladder which you can them climb down and enter the tunnel which leaves this level...
- Shoot the bell to open the door which leads to several Yeti in cages. The floor has several springboards which will catapult Lara
towards the ceiling. The small springboard over to the right will launch Lara up to a ledge where you can obtain a medkit. Return to the
floor and line up with the springboard and the bell opening in the ceiling. Start shooting as you leave the ground and hit the bell in
midair top open one of the nearby gates. When you land, you can grab the ledge to stop your slide.
- Now run towards the open gate and hit the larger springboard. Grab in midair to hang onto the ledge where you can pull up and grab
the Uzi ammo before flipping the switch. This frees the Yeti which you can dispose of before continuing. A hole should be accessible
now that the cages are down. Inside you can get a medkit and kill another Yeti before flipping the nearby switch. In the narrow cage,
find and pull the moveable block out then push it to once side. Secret #1; the Gold Dragon sits on a pillar if you have the nerve to take
it. Don't bother trying to jump over to it - a handy invisible bridge is already there. All you have to do is walk over and take it.
- Return to the main cage room to find a new ledge which the last switch created. A small springboard below will shoot you to the ledge
so you can grab on and pull up. Another bell is up here and you need to jump and shoot it to open the remaining gate. Return to the main
floor by sliding down the ledge and hanging before you drop to avoid taking damage. Go through the two open gates and spot the next
springboard and the ledge above.
- Head to the left so you can line up your approach to the springboard with the ledge. When you launch you can grab the ledge and pull
up and backflip over to a sliding ledge. Continue to jump as Lara jumps back and forth between the two sloped ledges. Now make Lara
jump to the right and continue jumping until you see another bell. Shoot the bell then start jumping to the left to return back to the flat
area to the left.
- to the locked door to find it is now open. Head up the ladder and get off on your left to do a running jump over to the walkway. Kill
the Yeti that attacks from the left then take the flares and continue until you reach some tigers. Kill them then light a flare to locate
Secret #2; the Stone Dragon, which is hiding in the darkness. You can jump over the ramp to get it. Follow the ramp to the locked door
on the right and head down the cave. Take the medkit on the left and follow the tunnel killing some more tigers before you finally
obtain the Mask. Return back to the previously locked door to find it is now open. Continue along the path and kill the Yeti when you
drop down. Another Yeti waits for you below and you must shoot him through one of the holes.
- Spikes line the floor over in the dark area so head over to the opposite end of the room and grab the medkit. Now you need to examine
the beams for one with a different texture. When you find it, you need to hang and drop down into the center of that hole. Light a
flare to reveal a medkit and some ammo and there's even a place for your Mask over by the window, outside on the ledge. With the
Mask in place, head off to the right to find the door that just opened in the dark area.
- Head across the bridge and take the flares on your way up to the ledge with the switch. Flip the switch to melt the ice and uncover the
Gong Hammer. As you head towards the pool, two tigers attack. Kill them then go get the shells by the glacier and the Uzi clips from the
pool. Taking the hammer will release the barracuda so swim past it and into the next room where you can kill another Yeti then return
to take the Gong Hammer.
- Return to the area where you previously killed the three Yeti and kill a forth one approaching from the left. You can disarm the icicle
by the door by pulling up and dropping down from the side of the ramp. Kill another Yeti beyond that door and take the Grenade
Launcher if needed. Now you can head down the right passage to the Ice Palace.
- There are some more snowballs beyond the opening ahead. The first two waves will roll past as you near the opening but you will need
to jump back to avoid the third set after you trigger it. Go through the opening and head off to the left as more snowballs coming
rolling toward you. Over to the right is a block which you can jump to and avoid the snowballs.
- Continue to a steep slope then slide down backwards so you can grab the edge and shimmy to the left until you are lined up with a
ledge behind you. Pull up and jump back to land on the ledge then proceed to the next obstacle. The wall of ice can be climbed so get a
running start and jump and grab on then climb up to the cave above. Slide down the steep slope which leads to the Palace. Make sure to
hang before you drop to reduce the damage from the fall. The Gong awaits so get out your Gong Hammer and give it your best shot.
- The Palace doors should now be open, but before you enter, go get Secret #3; the Jade Dragon. Head to the left of the Ice Palace
and find the ladder. Climb down and head left. You'll want to light a flare to see where you are going. Continue down to the second
ledge and flip the switch to open the hut which is just outside the Ice Palace. Climb back up the ladder and return to the hut to get the
final secret for this level.
- You can now enter the Ice Palace and claim the big prize for this level - the Talion. Of course every big prize has equally dangerous
consequences and this one comes in the form of the Guardian of the Talion; a giant wingless Eagle creature who appears after you
have claimed the Talion and try to leave the Palace.
- This guy is pretty hard to kill. A dozen grenades should do the job nicely if you have that many and can aim them well. You can also use
the hut for shelter if you need to heal yourself or something. If you are feeling "lucky" there are Uzi clips and a medkit inside the
Guardian's cave. Once the Guardian is dead your adventure continues....
Temple of Xian
- After you jump over the swinging blade you will find yourself sliding down a slope towards a waterfall. As you slide you need to jump
and turn so you land and continue to slide backwards. Grab the ledge as you fall then shimmy to the left and pull up to claim Secret
#1; the Gold Dragon. Don't ask me how you would have figured that out on your own.
- Now you can jump, dive or drop into the pool below. Eliminate the fish before you begin your exploration of the area. A medkit waits
for you in a short underwater passage - everything else must wait. Exit the water over by the Temple Doors and claim the shells on the
left then go on a Tiger hunt as two of them are waiting to jump you over by the stairs.
- Head up the stairs and use the springboard to launch yourself to the room of the temple. Go flip the switch on the other side of the
roof to open a trapdoor above the ladder and summon an Eagle. Kill the Eagle as you head for the trapdoor. Make sure to hang and
drop when leaving the roof to avoid unnecessary damage. Now you can climb the ladder and kill that Spider before he gets too close.
- Enter the large room and take the ladder down. At the bottom, drop and grab to cling to the ledge. Pull up and look down to see Secret
#2; the Stone Dragon. Find and use the crack in the wall to shimmy right to get the dragon, then shimmy back to continue the
adventure. Kill another spider as you near the red liquid then jump to the ladder and climb up. You should soon arrive in a room with a
pit full of spikes.
- Go to the wall opposite the pit and climb up and over to the right. When you are against the right wall do a backflip to land on a ramp
then jump immediately to land on top of the wall. Continue along the top of the wall until you can see the plank on the other side. It's
going to break away when you hit it so make sure to be standing on the portion furthest from the wall when it does. Grab some shells
from the block below then do a running jump from the left of that block to land on a sliding slope. Jump again before you hit the
spikes to land on another ramp then jump again and turn to the right to land on another slope which you can slide down to safety. Grab
those grenades while your here then climb up the large block and then onto the second before grabbing the ledge above. Now shimmy
along that ledge to the left until you can pull up and flip the switch to open the main Temple Doors. The nearby path should lead you
back to the waterfall and the doors you just opened.
- Only four of the eight statues in this room will attack and those are on proximity triggers so if you keep your distance you won't have
to mess with them. Grab the M-16 ammo and head for the open door. You should now be on a ledge overlooking the room below with the
red liquid. Do a running jump and land on the first ledge and slide forward, jumping when you reach the bottom to land on the next
ramp. Slide and jump again then two more jumps to grab onto the ledge and pull up. Now you can climb the blocks and continue around
the top of the room doing one last running jump to grab and pull up to reach the exit.
- Continue down the short hall towards the switch. A trapdoor will open and you will fall in. After you get back up, immediately start
running toward the switch as the walls start to close in. Flip the switch to open the door behind you then do a reverse roll and head for
the door before the spiked wall gets you.
- Continue down the passage until the first red rock comes rolling towards you. A quick jump back then to the left will send it rolling
harmlessly past you. The second rock is triggered when you near the top left corner of the ramp. The third blocks your way to the
ladder so you need to trigger it then avoid it before continuing up the ladder. At the top of the ladder is a very dark room so light a
flare to check it out.
- Flip the switch to the right of the exit then reverse roll to kill the tiger which is pounces from behind. Climb up into the open passage
and head towards the blades. Face away from the blades and go to the far left then drop and grab then drop again to land out of
striking range of the blades. More rolling blades block your way to the exit in the opposite corner so wait for them to leave you a gap
then make a run for door.
- You should now be up in some rafters and two Eagles aren't happy about that. Kill them then head for the button on the left wall.
Pushing the button opens the doors at the opposite end - but only for a short time so you need to push the button then do a reverse roll
then do a flawless series of running jumps across the rafters to get inside before the door slams shut.
- This next trap isn't too bad if you take your time. Simply follow the passage while staying on one side and watch the shadows of the
swinging spikes. Get the timing down and it's pretty easy. When you reach the other side you will be in a new hall with buttons on
either side. Press the right button which raises the floor then jump left and push that button which opens the door. Start running to the
right into the hall and keep on running as the floor collapses. When you enter the next area a red metal ball drops down behind you so
keep on running to the end of the walkway and jump to grab and pull up to the ledge. On the platform beneath the statue is the Dragon
Seal which opens the door back in the first room of this temple.
- Now you can jump to the ledge to the right and climb the blocks to get some ammo and kill another spider
hiding in the dark room. You should find some more ammo and a switch, which creates a bridge across that
red liquid. Exit this area by going to the other side of the statue's head. Jump across the series of ledges
above the red liquid then do a running jump to the sloped ledge in the center of the room. Jump and grab to
hang from the block then pull up and slide down the other side and jump to the flat pillar. From here you can
do another running jump to grab the ledge to the right near the wall. Pull up then do a running jump to the
ledge next to the springboard.
- Move to the center of the platform you are standing on and jump to the springboard to launch yourself to the
high platform on the side of the tall structure. A boulder starts heading your way as you land so jump back
and grab the edge of the platform so the boulder rolls harmlessly overhead. Now you can make the climb to
the top of the structure by going from platform to platform. When another boulder comes headed your way
just run to the white bricks and wait for it to pass.
- From the white bricks, slide down and land on the springboard to launch up to the ledge in the rafters. Do a running jump to grab and
pull up to the next ledge which has Secret #3; the Jade Dragon. Simply jump back to the structure from this ledge to resume the
mission at hand.
- Climb up to the platform where an Eagle attacks. Kill it, then jump and pull up to the next level then do a running jump to put yourself
just one standing jump from the door. Pull the box out two times and continue to the next room where you can flip the switch to open
the trapdoor and drop down to a long slope. The red metal ball from earlier is now chasing you so head down and turn left until you
reach the slide. The ball stops but you don't as you slide down to the rafters above that first temple room. Below are some tigers, so
kill them all before you drop down to use your Dragon Seal.
- Follow the passage past this door avoiding the rolling blade until you arrive at a slide which deposits you in a room with some switches.
Only the green switches matter and all three need to be flipped to open the door before the spiked ceiling impales you. Continue on
across the platforms until you reach the ledge above the pool with the fish. Kill them from up here before you dive in.
- Flip the underwater switch to raise the water level then head to the surface and enter the tunnel which was previously out or reach.
Leave the lever on the left alone and continue down the right passage. You can take the medkit if you want, but unless you are an
expert at swimming you will have to return to the surface and catch your breath before coming back. Since you probably already have
several medkits, leave this one alone and continue down the tunnel until you can pull the lever. Swim back out and fill your lungs
before swimming back to the tunnel and go through the open door to find and pull another level which opens a door back out in the
main pool. Refill those lungs once more then dive down and go through the door you just opened and pull that lever. This opens the door
above, behind which are M-16 clips and two boxes of shells.
- Wade into the next room and flip the switch. Keep ahead of the moving spiked wall and fall through the trapdoor. The current should
take you right to the Gold Key and the gate should open as you near it. You should end up back in the starting room at the base of the
falls. The key you just obtained fits the lock at the top of the ladder in this room and opens the underwater gate also in this area.
Once the gate is open, continue down this passage heading right then take the right branch of the fork. Swim through the grating and
- head for the left wall. The lever you seek is behind the second pillar so pull it to open the exit to this area and clear the path to the
Silver Key. A Fighting Fish should be attacking now (or very soon). Kill him but don't waste too much air as you can always out-swim
him. Continue around the pillar to find the exit and head that way. When you reach the fork, take the other passage this time and swim
up into the door you just opened and into the cave. Climb onto the ledge and if you haven't done so already - kill that fish!
- This area is infested with spiders so eliminate all you encounter. Some Uzi clips are near that giant spider web, as are more spiders.
When you reach the large cave there are even more giant spiders to deal with. Kill them all then start making your way up the ledges
until you can do a running jump to the pillar in the center of the cave. Now you can do another running jump to grab and pull up to the
pillar by the door. Jump and grab and pull up to the passage and follow it to the next area. From that end of the passage, do a running
jump and grab and pull up to the pillar in the center of the rocks. The Silver Key rests on the tallest rock. Get the key then return to
the water and swim back to the main Temple doors. You key opens the only remaining door in this area.
- Continue through this last door an jump and pull up to continue up the slope. Dodge the red balls as they roll down the slope. When you
reach the top, get the ammo then head left and cross the bridge killing a Tiger and an Eagle along the way. A second Tiger waits on the
other side of the bridge so kill him before climbing up onto the sloped pillar. Jump back onto the next taller ledge and a fork in the
path. Take the path with the rolling blade by doing a double jump as the blade starts heading for the opposite end of the platform
above. Then go left and slide down the slope backwards so you can grab on as you fall off. Get on the ladder and climb down to the
next ledge and hang and drop down to the next one to get some Uzi clips before dropping through the nearby hole to return to the
front of the Temple.
- Return to the fork and get past the rolling blade once more and head for the room with a bridge and another rolling blade. Get some
Uzi clips and the medkit then run across the bridge with the blade in hot pursuit. Head towards the button on the left once you get
across to avoid the blade. Press the button to open a door at the end of the passage you haven't been to yet leading from the fork. Now
get the timing down on the rolling blade and make another run across the bridge, through the room and back to the fork and take the
- This passage has a some springboards which must be done in a certain sequence. Stand with your back to the first and do a backflip
onto it to launch up to the rest of the springboards. When the ride is over you need to kill another Eagle before jumping and pulling up
to the ledge in front of you. The doors should be open so enter.
- Continue until you can jump to the square ledge near the lock. Jump to the left box then quickly climb up the ladder as the spiked wall
closes in. Drop down to the ledge on the right then start running and jump from the ledge over to the ladder and climb up to avoid
another spiked wall. Continue until you find a switch which opens one of the gratings you walked past only moments ago. Return to the
opening to see the Main Chamber Key resting on top of a pillar. Get the key then begin a somewhat fun slide down the curving slope
around this pillar to the floor.
- Continue on to end up on a pillar near the door you opened with the button earlier. Jump over to the lock and use the key which will
raise a metal grating next to a pillar. Turn and do a running jump and grab and pull up to go in that direction. Climb the ladder and exit
towards the spikes on the right. Jump over the spikes and keep climbing the ladder and ignore the switch on the right. You should now
be back in the area where you found the Main Chamber Key. A second grating is now open and there is a second and taller pillar you
need to reach, so go through the open grate and head left to do a running jump and grab and pull up to get on the ledge. You'll reach a
slope that sends you sliding toward the pillar with the serpent so jump as you begin to slide to reach the pillar. After a short slide
down the serpent you will reach a flat area next to a ladder.
- Climb the ladder until you reach the blade then do a jump back to the sloped surface then forward again to regain another ladder
above the blade. Climb this until you reach another blade. A ladder is behind you this time so you need to jump back and twist in midair
and grab onto the new ladder. Continue the climb and make a short sideways jog to the right to finish the trip to the top where you can
finally exit this level...
- This is it - the final level of the game. The enemies get tougher so load your weapons and let's get started. You are greeted by a
Warrior who is flying in from the right. Warriors are very dangerous when they get close enough to fight you, but the catch is they are
super-slow in getting close to you. Use this to your advantage and kill them before they ever get close enough to fight. In fact, you can
usually use your pistols to kill these slow moving targets and save your bigger and better ammo for those who deserve it.
- Kill the Warrior then get the medkit over to the left then head for the other end of the island. The first of two Mystic Plaques you
need to advance is below you on another small island. Step back and do a running jump to the slope on the next island. When you land
you will slide forward so go about halfway down the slope then jump again to reach the next slope and follow up with another jump to
the next island. Grab onto the edge of the opening by the large gold structure and pull up to find a switch which opens a trapdoor on
- Continue along the hall and slide down the ramp, jumping from the bottom to land on another slope on the next island with that trapdoor
you just opened. Three Xian Guards are on duty. The first attacks when you arrive. It's best to only have to fight these guys one at a
time so try not to wake up the next one until the first is dead. These guys are fast and deadly so kill them quick and dodge their
attacks. The second guard wake up when you advance towards the front of the island.
- Jump and pull up through the trapdoor to wake the third guard below when you step on the raised platform inside. You can try to kill
him through the trap door but it may take awhile. Get the first Mystic Plaque, some flares, Uzi clips and a medkit before dropping back
down to finish off the last guard (if you already didn't). Now look for a flat rock over by the tree. Jump and pull up to the roof to get
Secret #1; the Jade Dragon. Head for the other side of the island opposite where you arrived and do a hang, drop and grab to reach
the ledge below which has a switch that opens the exit.
- Do a running jump to the exit then another running jump to the next island. Head to the other end of that island and jump to the left to
reach the rocks above. You should be able to see an island that resembles some stairs so head off in that direction and do a running
jump to grab and pull up. Pull up two more times to reach the first step then climb all the steps to the top. Head right and do another
running jump to another stairway. Turn and go up the stairs killing the Warrior you meet about halfway up. His friend comes to life
when you reach the top of the steps so kill him too.
- When the steps end head to the left above the door and jump to the first slope you landed on when you jumped from the first island.
This time do a running jump and slide and grab to hang from the bottom of the slope. Drop to the ledge below then do a running jump to
reach the island with the second Mystic Plaque. Another running jump should having you grabbing on to the right of the crest on the
nearby island where you can do another jump to the large island where you obtained the other Plaque. Continue back to the foot of the
green stairs by the door where you use the two Plaques.
- You need to jump to the platform in front of the doors you open with the Plaques. You start this jump from a sloped ledge with a tricky
"take off" point. As you do the running jump and grab manuever you've done hundreds of times before, make sure you are angled to
the left otherwise you will run right off the ledge and into oblivion. When you do land in front of the doors, grab the Uzi ammo and
use the Plaques and enter the door.
- A Warrior approaches from below and to the left. Take evasive action as necessary and pelt this guy with pistol fire until he dies. You
should be able to spot Secret #2; the Stone Dragon from the bridge. It is on the left in a small opening behind the tree on the other
side of the bridge. If you stand with your back to that opening then step to the left as far as you can then step back as far as you can
then jump backwards you will land in the tunnel that takes you to your prize. Getting back out of here is just as tough. Stand on the
flat surface to the right of the opening and with your back to the wall and jump to land just above the sloped surface. One last jump
should take you out of the tunnel and back to the tree by the bridge.
- Stand one step away from the green boulder and face away. Backflip onto the rock and do another backflip to end up sliding so grab
on and hang from the edge as the boulder goes rolling by. Drop down and get the medkit and kill another Warrior. Enter the building
and climb onto the sloped green block then jump from the high part of the slope to grab and pull up to the roof. Keep going until you
can pull up into a passage in the sandy rock and follow it to return to the bridge. Now return to the slope where you triggered the
green boulder and slide down again - this time forward so you can jump to the slope across the gap. Continue up that ramp until you can
see some bricks. Head right and do a running jump and grab to pull up onto the next island. The rope slide begins here so begin the
ride but make sure to drop off as you pass over the lower bridge.
- Another Xian Guard comes to life when you enter the building on the lower level. Two more guard the switch which opens the door at
the end of the rope slide. Kill all three then flip the switch then enter the next room and take the rope slide to the other wall. Make
sure you grab as you leave the slide or you will be up to your ponytail in hot lava. Climb up then across the gold structure and continue
to the right. Grab onto the green ledge and shimmy left and drop down. Now your path should be clear, so follow it back to the top of
the first rope slide which has conveniently reset itself. Grab and don't let go until the entire ride is over.
- You are now in a hall with two rooms leading off. Both rooms are death traps so stick to the hall. From one side of the hall, jump to the
area to the right of the room where you can see a block. Touching the block summons a Warrior who appears near the open door you
just slid through. Kill him then move the block so you can jump up then climb up to the ledge. A switch which creates a bridge over the
lava is waiting to be flipped on that pillar, then you can pull up to the stone wall by the lava and get some M-16 clips.
- To avoid those blades, hang and drop down the two steps in the right corner then jump to the bridge and flip the switch to open the
trapdoor. Return to the wall and get ready for a tricky jump. Do a running jump towards the trapdoor and grab while in midair.
Grabbing will change the arc of your jump so you can sail right into the trapdoor. Stock up on shotgun shells when you land then
continue to the end of the room and flip the switch to open a trapdoor back in the main room.
- Return to the pool and dive down to find a tunnel leading off to the left. Follow it into the larger room and surface to one side to avoid
the blades overhead. There is a switch above the passage here which turns off the swinging blades allowing your to get back to the
large lava room and go through that door you just opened. Push the box over to the pillar by that door then climb up and jump into the
door. You will have to alter your arc again as the ceiling is quite low here.
- In this hall is a door and the switch is above the room with the spikes in the floor. Jump forward and grab to catch the crack and
shimmy left to pull up. When you are done a running jump towards the left edge of the opening will bring you back to the hall. Now you
can enter the room to find two more sealed doors and another Xian Guard who doesn't even wake up. Drop into the hole in the floor
and grab on at the bottom to slow yourself.
- Things turn nasty when you drop into a cage with four Xian Guards and four Ninja. Flip the switch then
reverse roll and head back to the ledge and pull up on either side of the pillar. Behind the pillar go either right
or left until you can see the cage then start taking shots at the Ninja below. When they return your fire, use
the pillar for cover and attack from the opposite side. All four will eventually die leaving you with only Xian
Guards to deal with. Since they only wake up when you get too close, you can fight these guys one at a time.
After you wake each guard, return to the top of the wall and take care of them from there. They can't reach
you so they can't hurt you. Repeat until all guards are dead then drop down to collect your booty; shells, Uzi
clips, and medkits of various sizes. Finally, flip the two switches which open the exit out of here and unseals
one of the doors above.
- When you enter that opened door above, you are attacked by a Ninja hiding in the dark stairway. When he is
no longer a problem, continue up the stairs to a closed door and a switch. The switch opens the door and
awakens two more Xian Guards. When all is clear, head through the door and climb to the top of the latticework. Jump off and twist in
midair to grab the latticework behind you. Climb up and then pull up to the slope and jump backwards. Continue to jump as you bounce
back from side to side. Start moving to the left as you jump to end up on a flat area with a Ninja. Kill him then find the moveable box.
- Pull out the box and climb on and jump over to the rocks on the left. Head over to the ledge on the right and jump across the lava into
the square depression. Turn and do a running jump into the tunnel under the ledge to claim Secret #3; the Gold Dragon and final
secret of Tomb Raider 2. Another running jump will take you out of this tunnel and leave you grabbing the edge next to that square
depression. Pull up and jump back to the ledge then return to the box and push it so you can reach the rope slide. Grab on and ride to
the final battle...
The Dragon's Lair
- When you land, snatch up the medkit and Uzi clips before advancing past a non-active Xian to take on the first of several active Xian
Guards. When he is dead you may proceed to the next room where two more Xian Guards stand in complete stillness. There are two
switches by the first inactive guard. The one next to him opens the door and activate the two guards in that room while the one
opposite his position is a trap and does nothing other than wake him up. Flip the exit switch and take care of the two guards on your
- In the next room is a small army of Ninja hiding behind the pillars. Tease them so they follow your out into the previous room where
you can dispose of them at your discretion. The Ninja in the rear of this room are not as easily fooled and you will have to fight them
on their turf. When all are dead you should find a Mystic Plaque that one of them was carrying. Use it to open the large sealed door
and enter to meet the Dragon.
- This Dragon is pretty hard to kill but if you take your time and plug away at him and take plenty of evasive action it shouldn't be
anymore challenging that some other parts of this game. Here are some strategic tips which may prove useful:
- Use your most powerful weapons first and work your way down - duh.
If he "lights you up" use the water to extinguish the flames.
Lots of ammo and medkits are underwater. Use as needed.
Use the pillars to slow down the dragon and provide cover.
Make reversing strafing runs on the dragon. He can't turn very fast.
- Once the Dragon is down you need to run up to him and take the Dagger from his belly. With the dagger in your possession, the Dragon
is defeated and in the grand tradition of all big endings, his lair begins to self-destruct. Run through the open gate and out the tunnel
to the end of the level. The adventure is over and it's time to head for home...
- Well, you thought the adventure was over. Seems some bad buys have come to pay you a visit
- or maybe they just wanted to use your obstacle course. Either way, they're trespassing so
use the Gun Cabinet Key on the lock by your bed to arm yourself then go start eliminating the
bad guys. When you've cleaned up the house head outside and clean up the yard. Find
anyone lurking in the shadows by eliminating the shadows with some flares. You'll eventually
kill the boss then return to your house for a nice hot shower.
"Derek Hursey" email@example.com
is there a walthough out as yet, for tombraider 2 ,if not do you know when there will be as i am stuck